Tuesday, March 16, 2010

19/365: Paris Deli



Church st., a very short street located straight from the Big Church (on Nhà Chung st.), is always full of stylish youngsters, photographers, tourists, dinners, etc. as there are so many good places for people to gather up like many stylish cafes (Highland, Mocha, etc.), or famous street stalls (refer to the 11/365), some great restaurants (Mediterraneo, Le Salsa), or plenty of luxury souvenir shops around (Sống, etc.). I am gonna visit some of them, but today I would like to go with a very lovely café, named Paris Deli.

I know at least 2 Paris Deli cafes in Hanoi, one on Church st. and the other is on Phan Chu Trinh st. but when someone mention to Paris Deli, I only think of the one I am writing about.


Paris Deli (on Church st.) seems not so busy after 8pm. There were just 2 tables occupied when I came. The cafe's customers are very polite when keeping their voice low and the music was so perfectly chill. All help to maintain a quiet and peaceful atmosphere inside the cafe. There will be a little bit more effervescent if you choose tables on the balcony.







The furniture and decorations are very precise to the cafe in general. The owners was so creative when he/she decided to split half-end of the 2nd floor into 2 semi-floors. It makes the cafe does look warm and friendly, and customers could have more choice when they look for a corner for themselves.

 

 


The drinks were fine. I have not tried the food there but next time. The waiters were very friendly despite I have quite many requests. The only thing I disliked was about their cocktail. When I ordered whiskey and Coke, they brought me a long glass (which was not appropriate to this kind of drink) with an Oz of Whiskey and a can of Coke. Meanwhile, I did not know how to mix them correctly. I did it wrong, then I have to pay for another Oz of Whiskey. One waiter explained as they leave the mixing job to customer to let customer actively make the drink to fit with their taste, sounded understandable but I do not agree with that at all. If every lounges serve drinks that way, who needs the bartenders?

Anyway, It is still a good place. A 4.5/5 star recommendation :)





Thanks to Ngoc who brought me here :) It was great sharing time with her at an absolutely chill out lounge like Paris Deli. She is an adorable girl and she seems absolutely fit with this lovely place.


Add: 13 Nhà Thờ st.

1 comment: