Saturday, March 6, 2010

15/365: Sofitel Plaza Lounge

Having a drinks at the top floor of a luxury hotel always bring you good time and feeling, like sitting at a sky-view and look at the busy stream flow of life all tiny below. You feel absolutely relax and be separated from the tiresomeness, sorrow to enjoy your life as being you.

I went to the Top floor lounge of Sofitel Plaza Hanoi twice, one in 2005 during Canon Marathon Contest (just to take some pictures) and the other was on Feb 2010, at night. From that place, you can have a great view of West lake and Truc Bach lake with the Youth Road lying in the middle like a silk strip separating the 2 lake.


I took this picture at the first time I was there. After 5 years, on the second time being at the lounge, I realize a gorgeous sight of Hanoi at night, viewing from 20th floor of Sofitel Plaza. everything seems to changed, like Cinderella before and after receiving miracle from the fairy. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera so I got no photos to describe what I have seen. I will do it next time visiting the hotel, soon.

6 comments:

  1. Le panorama, I prefer sitting there when it's getting dark.. watching the sunset.. then all the city by nite with glittering lights..

    Btw, do you know why "Thanh Nien" Street has old name "Co Ngu"?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was originally "Cố Ngự", meaning "Trying to Stay" (lol). Of course, the name did not sound nice so people call it another way as "Cổ Ngư" which is more poetic :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my dear viewers: please let me know if you are someone I know U__U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always love love loved this shot :) And I never knew about the street name until now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Đức,
    It seams that you've grown up so much :p since I last met you 5 years ago!!! Keep doing so good job!! ;;)
    I believe that you could not figure out who I am even surely I'm someone you know :p
    Nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh! I met thousands of people 5 years ago T___T and you ask me to figure you out without giving me a trace. If you are Ms. Huyen Trang, the one wrote the first comment, so I think I recognize you. But if you are not, me -> ^:)^

    ReplyDelete