Sunday, April 11, 2010

26/365: City View Illy cafe


It may be the most lack-of-personality cafe I recommend to you. Located on the 5th floor of a building which 99.9% Hanoian do not know the name, only by its location so you can imagine the 1st advantage of the lounge as location. It is on opposite to the Hanoi City View building (It is known by the other name as "Hàm Cá Mập" a.k.a "Shark's Jaw" due to the shape of the building), next to Hoan Kiem lake and busy old streets, which means center of Hanoi, very easy to access.



The 2nd advantage of the lounge is a good view to Hoan Kiem lake and Le Thai To st. as well as part of Dinh Tien Hoang st., Hang Dao st. and Cau Go st. Comparing to the lounges in Shark's Jaw building, such as Avalon, City View cafe, Highland, Legend Beer, etc. I think the view from Illy is better.




The 3rd advantage? uhm uhm... You can find a quiet environment here. The cafe is not always busy. It is may because I was not there at the dining time but every time I was there, it was not busy and quiet, anyway :)





 

The cafe opens quite late, til 12pm so if you want to have place for a late meeting, you can find it there.

So, you may ask why I think it is lack of personality? Well, At first, the layout and the decoration are quite common and boring. You will have no impression on the cafe by these figure at all. Secondly, Not only boring, but the decorator/s must be (an) idiots while trying to impress customers by hanging photos of celebrities. Most of them are photos of Hollywood actors/actresses in 50s, 60s but among them, there are some present, young and crazy celebrities, such as David Beckham or Arvil Lavigne. The old celebrities' photos are in b/w and the present celebrities' photos are in color. I have no idea what the decorators want to show here but their idiocy.


(I spotted they hang 2 copies of one photos there. In the third photo column, there is one photo of a handsome man in white suit, you see that? They hang the same photo in one of the last photo columns, which is on the left hand, out of the photos - I forgot to take photo of it as an evidence :D)

Anyway, a nice place to go. I am thinking of a dinner in candle light for a couple there. For me, I will not have it real here ('cause I love to have it real in other place, already in my thought) but you can think of it :) Good place for meeting with friends because it is easy to access, good view, and quite quiet :)






Address: 5th Floor, 3B Lê Thái Tổ st.

2 comments: